Here’s something you don’t see everyday. A Resource for the uncanny. An alternative for the humdrum scuzz of your everyday Buzz.
Feed the beast no more.
Here’s the thing. And it yours. A syncopated heartbeat meant to delight and please. This is not the news. Not the media. There’s nothing social about it. I’m not here to spread with ease the sorrows of our world but celebrate* that which makes our world so delicious – and yes, I mean that in every sense of the word.
Welcome to the inaugural blast of Musings. A one-stop where you may harvest a little social currency while jamming to unfamiliar sounds. Who knows what we’ll uncover when our minds begin to wonder. Who knows, perhaps we’ll reap a little cultural literacy. while we’re at it.
Dig in: A veritable roundup of music, news, events, and thoughts on our world.
Expect every WW to feature:
- Pod of the Week
- Things that which inspire
- Things about which to inquire
This is the pulse of my week. A flood of things that inspire, and things about which to inquire.
Reflections of the world in retrospect. Emergent movements.
- Watch: The Matrix 4? I haven’t seen the First…
- Read: The Antifa Super-Soldier Cookbook. Because the world needs your cookin’
- Blogs I’m Reading? Here’s the thing, I’m two days late on a report for my East Asian Philosophies course. So for sake of brevity I’m sending you to the delightfully prosaic Namiko-san for a tour through her favorite Japanese films. 12 Beloved Japanese Films
Well. That about sums up my life this week. How about you? Feel free to text-bomb your life’s story below and I look forward to knowing you better.
Until then I’ll leave you with this message from my sponsor:
“We live in unprecedented times” blah-blah-blah, you know the drill. Not gonna bore you with details. But this is true. Now more than ever. MORE THAN EVER. We must band together as non-Canadians and fight the good fight. CAN Imperialism must be. But down that curling stick and invest in less moose.*
*nor am I here to spread toxic positivity: aiming instead for something in-between reality and emergent elation
*who am I kidding, If it were 1966, Canada would be the first place on my mind.