Ingredients for the Curry of Life
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 lb of beef stew meat
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz Crushed tomatoes
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 1/4 cups beef stock
- Hot Curry Roux, 1 pack of S&B Curry
- Hot sauce of your choice, to taste
- Serve over rice
To Make the Curry of Life
1. Heat oil in a stew pot on high heat. Brown beef on all sides, and season with salt. Once browned, about 1-2 minutes per side, remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add in sliced onion and cook about 2 minutes, or until softened. Add in cayenne pepper, and salt, and cook another minute. Add in crushed tomatoes, carrots, potato, and stir together. Add beef back in, along with beef stock. Stir together.
3. Bring to a boil, skim any scum that rises to the top, and then cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables have softened. Potatoes should fall apart easily when pierced with a fork.
4. Turn heat down to low, and add in the curry roux. Stir until fully melted, and then add in hot sauce to taste. Stir to combine.
5. Serve over rice, and enjoy hot!